INNOVATION AND IDEAS FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND FOR THE BENEFIT OF HUMANITY
For the last seventeen years, the Eurasian Prize have provided a one-of-a-kind chance for architects and designers to evaluate their skill, expertise and calling. The statuettes and certificates, awarded to the best professionals and the most promising emerging talents, have helped them gain international acknowledgement and competitive advantage. Nowadays the Eurasian Prize initiative continues to fulfill its mission, providing new opportunities and perspectives.
It is the mission of the Eurasian Prize to select and support projects, concepts and initiatives that combine architectural excellence and enhanced quality of life.
The contemporary challenges of uncontrolled urbanization, poverty, isolation, social maladjustment, climatic and environmental changes pose an inevitable question before architects and designers, how architecture could be used to transform society and strengthen social solidarity. Architecture is a powerful tool which can help resolve social contradictions and architects can and should become agents of change towards social consent.
Eurasian Prize encourages sustainable responses to the technological, environmental, socioeconomic, and cultural issues affecting building and construction.
Since 2003, the Eurasian Prize Awards program has pursued the following objectives:
- Connecting professional communities of Europe and Asia, East and West.
- Promoting the latest advances in international architecture, urbanism and design.
- Showcasing the best contemporary architectural and design solutions for interior and exterior living spaces.
- Discovering and giving a boost to the best innovative concepts in re-interpreting, creating and further improving comfortable living space.
- Demonstrating new constructive, decorative and compositional opportunities provided by finishes and building materials in manufacturing and energy efficiency.
- Showcasing advanced designs in industrial production.
- Bringing the best cutting-edge ideas, which have received high evaluation and efficiency forecast from the judges, into view of manufacturers and investors.
- Adopting innovative technology and ideas for the growth of local and federal economy.
- Helping students of industry-specific schools get independent expert evaluation of their talent, skill and knowledge.
- Providing a platform which connects architects and designers creating the most innovative, bold projects with clients who are interested in bringing such to life.
What jurors, winners, guests say
The international competition higntlightes innovative projects and future-oriented concepts – and is one of the most significant on Eurasia continent. Projects and concepts in the fields of architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, design of public spaces and environmental items are eligible for entry in the competition.
The competition program includes two categories: professionals and students.
More about Awards Program
The jury of the Eurasian Prize international architecture and design competition is composed of professionals representing the relevant subject areas: internationally reputed town-planners, urbanists, architects, designers, publishers, gallerists and representatives of professional associations.
The jury’s marks are based on the following criteria:
- Purpose focus;
- Practical utility;
- Construction, operation and maintenance efficiency;
- Social awareness;
- Operational safety;
- Aesthetical contribution;
- Innovative solutions and approach
More about Jury
The Eurasian Prize advances the academic discussion of the role of architecture in modern society. Since 2018, the organizing committee has been holding extended final events – the international Summit and Forum “ArchEurasia”.
The International Summit «ArchEurasia» a global initiative aimed at:
highlighting the major role of architecture in the modern world
elucidating the value of architecture as a means of humanization of urban planning processes drawing on international best practices in the field of social architecture and as a means of creating and enabling safe environments
identifying ways towards effective interdisciplinary cooperation and consensus with civil society at all stages of planning activities
re-evaluating critically the existing practices and developing new solutions for prompt response to changing daily life needs caused by the pandemic
The need to work out a new paradigm in social development is dictated not only by the global challenge of the pandemic that the humankind is facing now but also by a widening gap in the theory and practice of interaction between the authorities and the general public in the urban planning sphere. Today it is obvious that architects can and should become agents of change towards social consent.
Being distanced from the influence of governmental idolegemes and sectoral lobbying pressures, the «ArchEurasia» Summit enable open and free discussion involving all stakeholders — architects, designers, urbanists, public officials, researchers, and NGO representatives.
More 200 experts from around the world meet to discuss challenges of today’s urbanization processes and built environment. Open forum offer experts from all generations and geographic locations an interdisciplinary platform for exchanging ideas and information.
The ArchEurasia summit ends with the presentation of awards to the winners of the Eurasian Prize International Competition.
More about ArchEurasia Summit